Friday 22 March 2013

Twitter : The Value of Tweeting


Twitter is a way for people to connect with their interests. Besides the important networking function, many Twitter  users worldwide simply use Twitter as a curated news feed of updates that reflect their passions.

Here are some great examples of how people value this great Social Media site :
  •  Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker): I use Twitter for the knowledge, the news, the humour, the sport, the ability to eavesdrop on the great and the good, and above all, for the nonsense.
  • Fearne Cotton (@FearneCotton): Twitter is my brain spilled out in text, mates I don’t know, a great way of spying on people I love & a wonderful form of procrastination. 
  • Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany): Tweet and you shall be heard.. Tweet loud enough and you will move mountains... 
  • Jameela Jamil (@JameelaJamil): Twitter gave me the voice that helped me break out of my pigeon hole. It also opened my eyes to how funny/troubled/scary people truly are 
  • Richard Branson (@Richardbranson): To me, Twitter means a way to communicate with people in real-time, highlight good causes and - above all – have fun! 
  • Sarah Millican (@Sarahmillican75): It's always there. A link to the world. To tell me which celebs have died or show me a video of a monkey on a pig. Friends & fans alike. 
  • Tinie Tempah (@TinieTempah): Twitter is a way I express myself to everyone who supports me & my music. It's every kind of News. It's pointless & precious information 
  • Gabby Logan (@Gabby_Logan): A conversation shop that never shuts. Virtual friends I will never meet & real friends I don’t see enough. Makes you think. 
  • Richard Hammond (@richardhammond): On TV I can talk to millions at once but on Twitter I can talk to them one at a time. It's fascinating, infuriating, joyful and ridiculous
Generally speaking, social media networks us into a worldwide community, making the world a smaller place. It's a tool linking us together to hear each other's voices, experience news, products and services. On the whole a powerful marketing tool waiting to be discovered!


No comments:

Post a Comment